Marketing is a very important element of any kind of brand. The common misconception is that marketing, especially in this day and age, is expensive. However, even startups with limited budgets can take full advantage of what marketing can bring. Here is a simplified guide to digital marketing on a budget.
One of the best ways to gain affordable exposure is to use social media to your advantage. Just about everyone is into social media networks, including various business establishments. Here are some ways on how you can fully leverage the marketing potential of social media networks.
- Use social media as an extension of your brand- Post updates, promotions, and other related stuff that your clients will get interested in. There are only 2 rules to follow: the content must always be tied to your brand’s message and never post too much or too little.
- Using Google adwords for your business (ensure you get a Google voucher first!)
- Provide value to your followers- As mentioned earlier, you must post information your clients can relate to and get value from. This means either you give them information they need or give them a compelling reason why they should try your service.
- Engage with your fans/followers- One of the best ways to generate and maintain interest in your brand is by communicating with your followers. Don’t be afraid to initiate interaction. More importantly, make sure to reply to any message or comment, regardless if it is positive or negative.
Content marketing is one of the most classic forms of digital marketing. When used the right way, it is still more than capable of generating interest to your brand. To take full advantage of this area of digital marketing, here are some of the things you must do. Points provided by Gareth Bull of Bulldog SEO agency based in London.
- Think of ways to get your message across- There are many ways to reach out to your target audience. The best way is to create content that will give value to them. Whatever content you make must be created with the aim of giving value to your clients.
- Look for affordable yet effective content- Availing of some promotional content can be expensive. However, there are some effective marketing tools that can be availed of for cheap. Look out for these and pick them up to generate leads for your brand.
- Promote the content- You will have to promote your content so it can get maximum mileage. You can use your social media accounts, use email marketing, enter related forums, and other innovative ways to share your content to those who you think will need it.